This Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich features succulent turkey, velvety brie cheese, and vibrant cranberry sauce. Our Turkey Sandwich recipe transforms that leftover turkey into a gourmet delight.
This easy-to-make turkey sandwich combines the richness of brie cheese, the tangy sweetness of homemade cranberry sauce, and the savory goodness of your leftover turkey, creating a mouthwatering meal that’s as good as the Thanksgiving feast itself.
This sandwich is perfect for those days when you’ve got some leftover turkey in the fridge – you know, after a big Thanksgiving feast. It’s like giving your leftovers a glamorous makeover. The savory turkey, the sweet cranberries, and that rich, melt-in-your-mouth brie come together in such a harmonious way.
Ready in under 10 minutes, this turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce is made with simple ingredients that come together for an unforgettable flavor explosion.
- 1 What Is Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Turkey And Cheese Sandwich
- 3 Ingredients Needed For Turkey and Cheese Sandwich
- 4 How To Make This Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich
- 5 Tips For Making This Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich
- 6 Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich Recipe Variations
- 7 Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich Serving Ideas
- 8 Storing Ideas
- 9 What Type Of Bread Is Best For This Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich?
- 10 Can I Make This Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich In Advance?
- 11 More Recipes
- 12 Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich
What Is Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich?
The Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich, also known as a “Thanksgiving sandwich” or “turkey panini,” is delightful and popular and often enjoyed during the holiday season. It combines various flavors and textures, making it a favorite among those looking for a taste of Thanksgiving or a festive twist on a traditional turkey sandwich.
Why Are You Going To Love This Turkey And Cheese Sandwich
- Delicious flavor: The combination of tender turkey and creamy cheese is incredibly tasty.
- Versatile Recipe: You can customize this turkey panini with various types of cheese, condiments, and bread.
- Quick and easy: It’s a simple and quick meal to prepare, making it perfect for busy days.
- Comfort food: It’s a familiar and comforting meal for everyone in your family.
- Protein-packed: Turkey is a lean source of protein, which can help keep you full and energized.
- Great for picnics: It’s a great option for outdoor dining.
- Kid-friendly: Many children love turkey and cheese sandwiches, making it a family-friendly option.
- Perfect for leftovers: You can use leftover turkey from holiday meals.
- Pairs with soup: It’s an ideal companion for a warm bowl of soup.
- Melted goodness: Warm, melty cheese makes the sandwich even more appealing.
- Easy to pack: Ideal for school lunches or work lunches.
- Minimal cleanup: Few ingredients mean less mess in the kitchen.
Ingredients Needed For Turkey and Cheese Sandwich
Another great thing about this gourmet turkey sandwich is that it is made with just a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen(especially if it’s Thanksgiving season). Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Bread – Choose your favorite low-carb bread alternatives, such as almond flour, coconut flour bread, or egg-free high protein bread, if you want to keep the sandwich keto-friendly.
- Butter – used to spread on the outside of the bread slices for a delicious, crispy crust.
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce – Make our homemade cranberry sauce to reduce the sugar content of this turkey panini.
- Walnuts – toast the walnuts to enhance their flavor and texture. They are used to add a delightful crunch to the sandwich.
- Baby Spinach – use fresh baby spinach to add a layer of green freshness to the sandwich.
- Roasted Turkey Breast – If you don’t have any roasted turkey breast leftovers, you can also use high-quality roasted turkey breast slices without added sugars.
- Brie Cheese – lends a creamy and rich quality to the sandwich.
- Salt & pepper – used to enhance the flavors of the ingredients.
How To Make This Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich
If you are wondering how to make this roasted turkey sandwich, you’ll be surprised to see how easy it is by following a few simple steps. Here is everything you need to do:
Butter the Bread
Start by spreading the softened butter evenly on the outer sides of each bread slice. This will create a deliciously crisp and golden crust when you cook the sandwich.
For an extra burst of flavor, you can enhance the butter by mixing in a pinch of garlic powder or finely chopped fresh herbs.
Assembling the Sandwich
Cranberry Sauce Base: On the inside of one slice of bread, spread a uniform layer of homemade cranberry sauce. Adjust the quantity based on your preference.
Walnuts for Crunch: Sprinkle toasted walnuts evenly over the cranberry sauce. These will add a delightful crunch to the sandwich.
Freshness with Baby Spinach: Add a layer of fresh baby spinach to the walnuts. Rinse and dry the spinach leaves thoroughly for a crisp texture. Season the spinach with a pinch of salt and pepper to enhance its taste.
Layering Turkey and Brie: Arrange the leftover roasted turkey slices over the bed of spinach. Following the turkey, add slices of Brie cheese. If you prefer extra flavor, place fresh herbs on the cheese to infuse the sandwich with their aroma.
Cook the Sandwich
Preheat the Skillet: Heat a non-stick skillet or a panini press over medium-low heat. This ensures even cooking without burning the bread.
Once the cooking surface is hot, carefully place the assembled sandwich in the pan. If using a sandwich press, simply close it.
First Side Cooking: Cook the first side for 3-4 minutes or until it becomes golden brown and the cheese starts to melt.
Flipping and Cooking the Second Side: Carefully flip the sandwich to cook the other. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until it achieves the desired level of crispiness, and the cheese melts deliciously.
Transfer the cooked sandwich to a cutting board and rest for a minute. This resting period lets the cheese set slightly, preventing the layers from sliding out when you cut into it.
Tips For Making This Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich
- High-Quality Ingredients: Start with the best ingredients available. Choose fresh baby spinach, premium roasted turkey, quality Brie cheese, and homemade cranberry sauce for a gourmet touch.
- Toast the Bread Perfectly: Toast the bread to your preferred level of crispiness. It should be just right—crispy enough to hold the ingredients together but not overly hard.
- Even Cranberry Spread: Spread the cranberry sauce uniformly on one slice of bread to ensure every bite includes that sweet and tangy goodness.
- Crunchy Walnuts: Toast the walnuts to bring out their flavor and add a delightful crunch to the sandwich. Make sure to sprinkle them evenly for a balanced texture.
- Layering Technique: When adding the turkey and Brie, use a strategic layering technique. Placing the turkey on the spinach and then the Brie will help the cheese melt evenly and adhere to the other ingredients.
- Golden Brown Perfection: Cook each side of the sandwich until it reaches a beautiful golden brown color. This ensures the bread is crispy and the cheese is perfectly melted.
- Resting Period: After cooking, transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and let it rest for about a minute. This resting period allows the cheese to set slightly and keeps the layers from sliding out when you cut into it.
Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich Recipe Variations
This healthy turkey sandwich is a delicious combination of flavors and textures, but you can enhance the sandwich flavors by adding extra ingredients to make it even more enticing. Here are some examples of additional ingredients you can include:
- Arugula or Spinach: These leafy greens can add freshness and a slightly peppery taste to your sandwich.
- Caramelized Onions: Caramelized onions bring a sweet and savory element to the sandwich, balancing the flavors.
- Sliced Apples or Pears: Thinly sliced apples or pears can provide a refreshing, crisp texture and a hint of natural sweetness.
- Dijon Mustard: A touch of Dijon mustard can add a tangy kick to cut through the richness of the Brie and turkey.
- Bacon: Crispy bacon strips can introduce a smoky, salty element that complements the sweetness of cranberry sauce.
- Fresh Herbs: Add fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, or sage for a burst of herbal flavor.
- Avocado: Sliced or mashed avocado can add creaminess and a mild, buttery taste to the sandwich.
- Pickles: A few slices can introduce a tangy and slightly sour contrast to the other flavors.
- Red Onion: Thinly sliced red onion can provide a sharp, zesty kick to the sandwich.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Chopped sun-dried tomatoes can add a concentrated tomato flavor and chewy texture.
Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich Serving Ideas
Here are some serving ideas for this Turkey, Brie, and Cranberry Sandwich:
- Lunch or Picnic: Pack the sandwiches in individual containers or wraps for a picnic or lunch on the go. Add carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, or a side salad for a complete meal.
- Grilled or Panini Style: You can grill the sandwich on a panini press or in a grill pan to make it warm and crispy. Serve it with a side of soup or a small salad.
- Garnishes: Add a sprig of fresh rosemary, a dusting of powdered sugar, or a drizzle of honey on the plate for an extra touch of elegance.
- Sides: Serve your sandwich with various sides, such as sweet potato fries, coleslaw, potato salad, or a fruit salad.
- Finger Foods: Cut the sandwiches into smaller pieces and serve them as part of a finger-food spread for parties or gatherings.
- You can also enjoy this sandwich with soups like tomato bisque, butternut squash, or classic chicken noodles for a delightful and well-rounded meal.
- Fridge: If you have Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich leftovers, store them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic or aluminum foil. Refrigerate the sandwiches for up to 2-3 days. However, remember that the bread may become slightly soggy over time.
What Type Of Bread Is Best For This Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich?
You can use various types of bread for this sandwich, including baguette, ciabatta, sourdough, whole-grain, or even a croissant for a more indulgent option.
Can I Make This Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich In Advance?
Yes, you can prepare the components of the sandwich in advance, but it’s best to assemble it just before serving to prevent the bread from becoming soggy.
Turkey Brie Cranberry Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp homemade cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp walnuts toasted and roughly chopped for extra crunch
- ¼ cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 oz leftover roasted turkey breast sliced
- 3 slices brie cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary for additional flavor
- Spread the softened butter evenly on the outer sides of each bread slice. For an extra hint of flavor, mix a little garlic powder or finely chopped fresh herbs into the butter before spreading.
- On the inside of one slice of bread, spread the cranberry sauce uniformly.
- Sprinkle the toasted walnuts over the cranberry sauce, then add a layer of baby spinach. Season the spinach with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the leftover turkey slices over the spinach, followed by the brie cheese. If you’re using fresh herbs, place them atop the cheese to infuse the sandwich with their aroma.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or a panini press over medium-low heat. Once hot, place the sandwich in the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on the first side, then carefully flip the sandwich. If you have a sandwich press, simply close it and cook for the same amount of time.
- Cook the second side for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese melts deliciously.
- Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and rest for a minute. This allows the cheese to set slightly and prevents all your layers from sliding out when you cut into it.
- Serve the sandwich warm, with a side of extra cranberry sauce for dipping or a light salad to balance the richness of the brie and turkey.
- For added texture, consider adding thinly sliced apple or pear between the spinach and turkey for a sweet, crunchy element.
- You can also spread a thin layer of whole-grain mustard or mayonnaise on the inside of the other slice of bread for an extra layer of flavor.
- If you have leftover turkey from a roast, it’s a great way to repurpose it in this sandwich. Just ensure it’s warmed through when cooking the sandwich.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.