Learn how to make the best keto peppermint patties from naturally low-carb ingredients that are the ultimate holiday treat. Everyone will love that refreshing taste from the combination of creamy peppermint center and delicious chocolate.
Although these Keto Peppermint patties may seem very sweet, the carbs are low thanks to the powdered sweetener and chocolate. And the best part is that it has only 5g net carbs per serving. Awesome, right?
You’d never guess that these Homemade Peppermint Patties are sugar-free, low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan since they taste just like store-bought ones!
- 1 Are Peppemints Patties Keto-Friendly?
- 2 Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- 3 Ingredients For These Keto Peppermint Patties
- 4 How To Make These Keto Peppermint Patties
- 5 Tips For Making The Best Keto Peppermint Patties
- 6 Storing Ideas
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 More Keto Chocolate Desserts
- 9 Keto Peppermint Patties
Are Peppemints Patties Keto-Friendly?
Regular peppermint patties aren’t keto-friendly. And that’s because they are made with condensed milk and powdered sugar, both high in carbs and calories.
But our recipe is much lower in carbs, thanks to the substitutes we used. And that’s why you must try this recipe for those delicious sugar-free keto treats.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- You can make them ahead of time.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Super easy to make.
- Has only 5g net carbs per serving.
Ingredients For These Keto Peppermint Patties
You won’t believe how few simple ingredients you need to make these delicious homemade keto peppermint patties.
- Coconut Oil – I use refined coconut oil in recipes because I don’t want an intense coconut taste.
- Coconut Cream – if you make these patties during summer, the coconut cream must be at room temperature. But if it’s winter season, I recommend microwaving it for just a few seconds.
- Sweetener – feel free to use your favorite powdered sweeteners such as erythritol or monk fruit.
- Peppermint Extract- to add a refreshing mint taste to your patties.
- Dark Chocolate – You can use any sugar-free chocolate you like.
- Cocoa Butter – you can also replace it with the same amount of coconut oil.
How To Make These Keto Peppermint Patties
It’s easy to make these Keto Peppermint Patties by following just a few simple steps.
- Start by making the filling. In a small bowl, beat the coconut oil and coconut cream until creamy.
- Add the powdered sweetener and peppermint extract and mix until well combined.
- Next, form the patties. Spread the mixture with a butter knife or a spoon to create a circle.
- Put them on a pan lined with parchment pepper and freeze them for about two hours until they harden.
- Make the chocolate coating. Melt the chocolate and coconut butter together in a double boiler over medium to high heat. Stir constantly to prevent it from burning.
- Dip them in chocolate. Place a mint patty on a fork and dip it into the chocolate mixture until fully coated.
- Place them back on the pan lined with parchment pepper and freeze for about 20 minutes to firm up.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Peppermint Patties
- You can dip the patties 1 or 2 times in the chocolate until you have the coverage you like.
- Soften your coconut oil, but make sure that it doesn’t completely melt.
- The patties must be completely frozen before dipping them in chocolate. Before this step, ensure they’re firm and can easily pull off the paper.
- Make sure to leave enough space between your peppermint patties when placing them on a tray so that the extra chocolate doesn’t spread on each other.
- Fridge: These peppermint patties can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: You can also freeze them in an airtight container for later! But you need to know that if you choose this storage method, the patties’ color may change due to the temperature shift. But don’t worry, because the only thing that changes is the color, while the taste it’s still the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make These With Other Flavors?
Sure! Because the peppermint taste comes from the extract, you may replace it with vanilla, orange, or any other flavor you choose! If you want a more truffle-like form, make these into balls.
When Can I Serve This Keto Peppermint Patties?
These Keto Peppermints Patties are perfect for serving in the winter, but you will be happy to find out that they are great to eat any time you want. So, even if it’s December or July, these peppermints are delicious to serve with a cup of sugar-free hot chocolate on those cold days or as a cool treat for a hot summer.
More Keto Chocolate Desserts
- Easy Keto Chocolate Mousse (5 Ingredients)
- 2 Ingredients Keto Chocolate Truffles
- Keto Fudge
- The Best Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Keto Peppermint Patties
- Add the softened coconut oil and coconut cream to a bowl and mix until creamy.
- Mix in the powdered sweetener and the peppermint extract. Taste and add more extract if you want.
- Take one tablespoon of the mixture and spread it out into a 1 inch circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat the process with the remaining mixture and freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate coating. Add the chopped chocolate and cocoa butter to a bowl and microwave until melted.
- Dip each patty in the chocolate mixture using two forks until fully coated.
- Place the peppermint patties on the pan lined with parchment paper and freeze them for 15 minutes until the chocolate is firm.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.