This complete Keto Dictionary is perfect if you are a member of specific Facebook Groups or recently embarked on the keto diet journey. You’ve probably seen a few abbreviations and have no clue what it means. This new vocabulary seems
Do you know what WOE means? What does BPC stand for? Let’s have a look at the next example and find out what all these keto words mean!
I love to put HWC and MCT oil in my BPC each morning. This WOE is wonderful and I celebrate NSV often.
Keto Dictionary | Common Words and Terminology
- ACV – Apple Cider Vinegar
- AS = Artificial Sweetener
- BF – Body Fat, usually as a percentage
- BMI – Body Mass Index
- BMR – Basal Metabolic Rate
- BPC – Bulletproof Coffee, also known as Keto Coffee or Butter Coffee – Delicious Creamy coffee blended with butter or coconut oil.
- BS = Blood Sugar
- Bone Broth = It’s a nutritious soup that is rich in minerals, and it’s made by boiling bones, vegetables, spices and herbs. It’s a great cure for the keto flu because it’s high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and has high collagen content.
- CKD = Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (20-25g net carbs + high carbs days)
- CO = Coconut Oil
- Dirty Keto – A term used to define those keto dieters that eat foods that contain non-keto ingredients (such as wheat, gluten, sugar) as long as they fit in their daily carbs allowance.
- EF = Extended Fasting
- Electrolytes = sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium
- F – a letter that is used as a comment in some facebook posts meaning follow or I am interested in this topic.
- FBG is fasting blood glucose
- Fat Bomb = a keto treat that’s very high in fats, curbs cravings and helps you reach your macros. It’s usually made with a combo of ingredients such as butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder, nuts, seeds, low carb fruits, and sweeteners.
- HIIT -High-Intensity Interval training.
- HWC – Heavy Whipping Cream – a popular ingredient that’s perfect for many keto recipes.
- IIFYM: If It fits your macros.
- IR – Insulin Resistance happens when your body builds want to resistance to producing enough insulin hormone and takes sugar from the blood into the cells – resulting in high blood glucose levels.
- IS – insulin sensitive
- KCKO – Keep Calm, Keto On!
- Keto Flu = Also, called Induction Flu, is one of the most common side effects for those who transition the keto diet and can last for up to one week.
- Ketones = or “ketone bodies” are the byproducts of the breakdown of fatty acids for energy that occurs when the carbohydrate intake is low.
- Ketosis = a metabolic process that heavens the food intake is very low or when you limit the carbohydrate intake.
- LCHF – Low Carb High Fat ( a diet that is low in carbs and high in fat).
- Lazy Keto – this means you are still on a low carb diet but don’t track macros.
- MCT – Medium Chain Triglycerides – a type of fat with a unique structure that is quickly metabolized by your body and it’s transported directly to the liver to produce ketones.
- MFP – MyFitnessPal (an online food tracking app)
- Macros = Short for Macronutrients: carbohydrates (carbs), protein, fat.
- NSV = Non-Scale Victory
- Net Carbs = Total Carbs – Fiber – Sugar Alcohols (if in the product).
- OMAD – one meal a day.
- PCOS – Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- SAD – Standard American Diet.
- SF = Sugar-Free (doesn’t mean it’s keto friendly!)
- SKD = Standard Ketogenic Diet (20-25g net carbs)
- TKD = Targeted Ketogenic Diet (20-25g carbs targeted around physical activity )
- WOE – Way Of Eating
- WOL = Way of Life
If there are any Ketogenic abbreviations or words we have missed, please let us know by commenting below, and we will add them to our list.