Look no further if you’re following a keto diet and need some meal prep inspiration. We’ve created a list with 30 keto meal prep ideas that are super easy to make and perfect for those days when you don’t have so much time for cooking.
Protein: – Chicken breast, Turkey breast, Beef (such as steak or ground beef), Pork Healthy Fats: – Avocado, Coconut oil, Olive oil, Nuts
Non-Starchy Vegetables: – Leafy greens (such as spinach, kale, or lettuce), Cruciferous vegetables (such as broccoli, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts), Bell pepper, Zucchini
Dairy and Dairy Alternatives: - Cheese (such as cheddar, mozzarella, or feta), Greek yogurt (choose plain and unsweetened options)
– Read the instructions carefully since some dishes may need to be cooked and then stored in the freezer, and others only assembled and then frozen without cooking. – Use multi-purpose ingredients. Try choosing ingredients that can be used in multiple meals. For example, you can cook chicken breast and then use it in salads, stir-fries, and wraps.
Sure, meal prep is a great option for those following a keto diet, and not only since it helps you plan your meal in advance and ensure that you are receiving the proper ratio of macronutrients.
– Plan your meals: Decide on the meals you want to prepare for the week, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Take into consideration your dietary goals, taste preferences, and the nutritional requirements of a ketogenic diet.
– Make a grocery list: Based on your meal plan, create a shopping list of all the ingredients you’ll need to make the keto recipes.
– Prep the ingredients. Wash, chop, and prepare all of your ingredients ahead of time to make everything easier.
– Portion your meals. Portion each meal into individual containers or bags, then label them with the dish’s name and the date it was prepared. – Store them properly. Store each meal in the fridge or freezer, depending on when you eat them.